Sunday, January 16, 2011

Time, Your Grace.

The Tudors, TV
Just recently finished watching season 4 (the final season), of this series. I don't want to give too much away, but the finale (though it was not utterly heart-wrenching as some series finales can be; as in, you feel so sad to see the characters go that you find yourself in tears. My eyes did well up at times.), felt like it had an appropriate ending at an appropriate time. I wasn't sure how much more I could take of "old King Henry". The direction that they took bringing back all of Henry's wives, and of course the flash backs, was kinda nice.

The season in general could not compare to the drama, and interest, and excitement that was season 2. Not sure if the show had different writers or what. I loved Anne Boleyn and a "Younger King Henry". For some reason, he just seemed to have more energy which brought more energy & humor to the entire show, or so it seemed to me. Unfortunately, as he rapidly grew older & more tired, so did the show in some respects.

Photo Credit.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At January 16, 2011 at 6:38 PM , Blogger jtbrown said...

Season 2 was the best season. Anne Boleyn was the business and everyone after her was just tame in comparison. I'm now trying to get into Mad Men Season 1. Have you watched it?

 
At January 16, 2011 at 6:59 PM , Blogger Marie said...

Hey Jt, yes Anne was! I love Mad Men...on Season 4.

 
At January 16, 2011 at 7:24 PM , Blogger Retromus-ik said...

I'm so out of the loop! The only tv shows I watch are The Big Bang theory, The Game, Degrassi and crime shows. And, not even on a regular basis lol

 
At January 16, 2011 at 10:33 PM , Blogger Marie said...

Retromus-ik: I love Degrassi!!! It's so funny that Jimmy is Drake. LOL

 

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are appreciated:) Thanks for sharing!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home