Friday, January 14, 2011

Meal from the Oats.



I can't stand the looks of oatmeal, and yet a bowl of it with buttered toast makes me feel so much comfort. 

I think it goes back to my childhood. Whenever I was sick, my parents would make this for me to eat. My dad would jokingly call it "gruel". Back then, I'd either eat it without looking into the bowl, or I'd keep my eyes closed.
Now, instead of eating it plain (plain for me equals a bit of brown sugar & a sliver of butter & sometimes a splash of cream), I'll add in fruit (& sometimes pecans) to make it a bit more appetizing.

Can you eat oatmeal without "dressing it up"?

Labels:

2 Comments:

At January 14, 2011 at 9:26 AM , Blogger Retromus-ik said...

I can eat oatmeal without dressing up. But there has to be some carnation milk going on;) I love it with honey and bananas as well.

 
At January 14, 2011 at 10:57 AM , Blogger LaNeshe said...

I usually get the already flavored with maple and brown sugar brand, and then add a tad more sugar to it.

 

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are appreciated:) Thanks for sharing!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home