Thursday, January 20, 2011

...Won't you please "Like"?

I'm finally on Facebook...rather, the blog is;) I created a page over there & now have no clue what to do with it.

So...please tell me what to do!!! LOL  
What are the Basics/Do's & Don'ts of FB?  
What makes an awesome FB page?


Other than blogging, I am somewhat "brand new" to social media. I don't have a personal facebook page or a twitter.

It took me waayy longer than it should have to create the page for MerelyMarie, but then again I'm the slowest phone "texter" ever. It sometimes takes me a minute (sometimes two) to send a text message because, first, I think too hard about what I will say, and then typing it in...it's nothing like a desktop keyboard where I can use all my fingers to type the words really fast...and that auto word finisher thingy, it sometimes inserts the wrong word or string of words. Trying to delete them...sometimes ends up deleting the entire message. Just slow. The person on the other end is either like, "Come on already!" or "Is she still there?".

Anywhoo...
Upper right...Won't you please give my page a "Like"? I thank you very much if you do:)

Labels:

3 Comments:

At January 20, 2011 at 3:18 PM , Blogger LoveNWright said...

I'll be checking back on this post because I too have created a FB for my blog and want it to be the bomb.com!!! I'm liking!!

Kay
www.lovenwright.blogspot.com
hair .|. finance .|. womanhood

 
At January 21, 2011 at 12:25 AM , Anonymous alexis belon. said...

What exactly do you do with a facebook fan page? I haven't found the benefits of mine and would like to know why you find it beneficial.

 
At January 21, 2011 at 9:05 AM , Blogger Marie said...

LoveNWright: Thank you so much!

Alexis: A fan page is meant for you to share your business/product/website etc., with FB users. My understanding now (since I just actually read this on FB)is that it is all about engaging & interacting. You must first post niiice/interesting stuff (photos/videos/start discussions), then your fans can interact, then that connection will spread via news feed to their friends and hopefully on to FB infinity. And, of course, there are FB ads (you can create & pay for) to gather more fans who are interested in your blog, website, or whatever it is you have to offer.

I haven't found it beneficial, yet. LOL Initially, I created the page as a personal means to be more "social" and with the very high hopes of expanding this blog. I very much like interacting with other Bloggers and visitors who stop by MerelyMarie, especially when they find something they like here and leave sweet messages! I want to do more of this on different platforms, including FB.
I hope this helps, in some way:)


Hey You!!!
If you read this post & message(s), and have a facebook page; please share your experiences with me...and LoveNWright and Alexis. We'd all appreciate you:)

 

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are appreciated:) Thanks for sharing!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home