Monday, January 31, 2011

Grown Woman Sexy. Sometimes.

"Cute" is my comfy sweet spot, regarding what I wear (and selecting what to wear). But, sometimes I get so sick of cute!



Sometimes I want to actually look & feel like the grown woman that I am.
The desire surfaces to dress in all black, wear a bold colored lipstick & pumps with an actual heel; and just feel like a sexy, real deal, capital B.A. about it! LOL
I've even daydreamed about riding a Harley into the smallest town with a group of my B.A. friends, who are also on bikes. We go inside a bar & get ourselves into a bunch of mischief! The authorities come to take us away, but we ain't having it! Of course, I started it all...I start all the trouble.

Too much???

Okay.
How about just wearing a sexy dress?. I don't even think I own one. My closet is about 99% work/casual clothes.The other 1% is a few day dresses from J.Crew, and my wedding dress (Where else can I wear that thing to???).
When a special occasion comes around, I'm scrambling to find something "dressy" to wear.
...But, back onto "sexy"...

Why don't I own any sexy clothing (lingerie doesn't count)?

• Well, partly because I'm not totally comfortable in anything that really hugs my body. I hate polyester, lycra, and spandex. Is "sexy" possible without these materials???

• Another part is Husband. He'll look at me like, where are you going...wearing thaat?!?! He likes me to look sexy, but only for his eyes. If we are going out some place...Un-Uh!!! It's not that I can't dress how ever I want to dress. It's that I love & respect our marriage, so I'm mindful of his feelings.

• Lastly, my nature just draws me in to anything with a bow, ruffle, or floral attached to it. These things are cute, adorable, pretty...But, sexy? I'm inclined to say they are not.

So, this sounds like an impossible situation, No?
I try to look at "sexy" as a feeling, not so much as what it "looks" like outwardly; alas, in virtually all my clothes I consistently feel "cute".

What's your closet makeup (work, special occasion, sexy clothes)? How do you incorporate "grown woman sexy" into your wardrobe? Where/on what occasions do you wear such items?

Labels:

2 Comments:

At January 31, 2011 at 1:25 PM , Blogger Neeta said...

My closet consists of suits, slacks, blouses, sweaters and a couple of dresses and they are all for work...smh. I'm in the same boat as you. I try to be a "grown sexy" woman when I go out by putting on a fitted cardigan with a cute pair of skinny leg pants(not jeans)...instead of wearing flats, I wear a cute pair of pointy toe leopard print pumps. I sometimes where a cute scarf with bold prints and patterns. I think bold prints help to make you feel sexy and daring. I'm not a spandex kind of girl either, so I think fitted pants or skirts shows your figure in a more conservative way.

 
At February 1, 2011 at 4:01 PM , Blogger Marie said...

Neeta: I love your idea about incorporating bold prints! Everything that doesn't have a bow or ruffle on it in my closet, is rather "plain" looking. An added "Rawr!" from a print, would fit in easily. Thank you!!!

 

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are appreciated:) Thanks for sharing!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home