Thursday, January 27, 2011

D-I-Y Nail Care: 4 Tools to Prep for a Mani.

I think the key to a long-lasting, "professional-looking" manicure is all in the prepping of the nails.

Here are some tools/methods that I use before polishing with color.



1. Nail Clipper. First, I clip my nails down. I like them quite short & use the straight edge clippers for more "square-ish" nails.

2. Crystal Nail File. Next, I use this; smoothly filing in one direction to somewhat soften the freshly clipped edges.

3. Instant Cuticle Remover. This stuff doesn't really remove your cuticle...just that dry, whitish film (dead skin) that likes to hang out underneath & around the edges of them, especially during the winter time. I apply a bit of this around the edges of my cuticle.

4. Cuticle Pusher. While the cuticle remover is still on my nails, I gently push back my cuticles and run the pusher along underneath them as well, to really remove any traces of remaining dead skin.
4.5. (not shown) Washing my hands & nails thoroughly with plenty of water & hand soap, I gently brush around my cuticles with a toothbrush.

How do you prep your nails?

Labels:

2 Comments:

At January 27, 2011 at 1:02 PM , Blogger jtbrown said...

I'm horrible with my nails and my feet. I really need to get into the habit of taking care of myself.

 
At January 28, 2011 at 1:06 PM , Blogger Neeta said...

These are great pointers!!!

 

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are appreciated:) Thanks for sharing!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home