Tuesday, January 11, 2011

D-I-Y Brow Care: 4 Tools to Shape.

Being an absolute "Do-It-Yourself-er", tweezing my eyebrows is another part of my weekend beauty routine; that, along with deep conditioning my hair & painting my nails. To pluck them into shape, here are several items that I use.


1. Brow Brush. Using this, I begin by brushing my brows in an upward direction.
2. Shaping Scissors. Any hairs that extend above my natural brow line gets trimmed away.
3. Slanted Tweezers. Any hairs that are below my natural brow line gets plucked.
3.5. (not shown) Next, I wipe my brows with a hot towel to clean up.
4. Brow Mousse. It's basically gel. I use this, again brushing my brows upward, to keep the crazy hairs in line all day.

Do you Tweeze? What's your brow routine?

Labels:

10 Comments:

At January 11, 2011 at 1:26 AM , Blogger Retromus-ik said...

You do a great job. I, on the other hand, get my eyebrows threaded every two-three weeks. Charging only three dollars, these women do a better than I ever could lol. I'm horrible with my hands.

 
At January 11, 2011 at 3:25 AM , Blogger Queen said...

You look like you sisters.

 
At January 11, 2011 at 6:09 AM , Blogger jtbrown said...

I can't stand tweezing. The repetition of yanking out each hair frays my nerves. I used to get them waxed, which also included a little tweezing and that had to stop. I now get them threaded and I LOVE it. My brow area get so clean and the pain is much less than the other 2 methods. I just need to keep up the regular routine of going every 2 weeks! Kudos to you for being able to tweeze!

 
At January 11, 2011 at 10:56 PM , Blogger simplychic said...

i waxed for probably 5 or more years and my brows are paying for it now! they are soooo thin and oddly shaped. i've been threading or getting them razored for a while now, but they are not where i want them to be :(

 
At January 12, 2011 at 9:03 AM , Blogger Marie said...

Thanks so much everyone for chiming in:)

 
At January 12, 2011 at 11:54 AM , Blogger Neeta said...

You do a great job! Getting mine waxed has made them so thin, so I'm back doing them myself. So far they're looking better. I think I'll try the brow mousse though. I have never heard about it until now.

 
At January 13, 2011 at 12:29 PM , Anonymous Carla said...

I HATE tweezing! I dread when the stylist has to do that after I have to endure the pain from waxing.

 
At February 2, 2011 at 11:25 AM , Blogger Mbabazi said...

cant get myself to tweez them myself but i enjoy doing it to other people.yes im weird like that. im gonna try again.nice blog you got here

 
At February 3, 2011 at 12:24 PM , Blogger Marie said...

Wow, guess I'm glutton for tweezing pain! LOL
Thanks again ladies:)

 
At February 3, 2011 at 12:24 PM , Blogger Marie said...

Thank you & welcome Mbabazi!

 

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are appreciated:) Thanks for sharing!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home