Sunday, January 23, 2011

4 Films/Video that Scared me Sleepless.

I don't mind being a little creeped out after watching something creepy, but I don't like being too scared to close my eyes at night and go to sleep.
This is one reason I will not watch the movie Paranormal Activity. Not ever! When it first came out, coworkers of mine (all grown men) were talking about how scared they were!!! Just hearing them describe some of the scenes was too much for my vivid imagination. Have you watched this movie? How did you sleep that night? LOL



The following 3 movies/video scared me sleepless as a child:

• The very first Freddy Kruger movie.
 

Terrifying!!! Those long, sharp, knife fingers. The jacked-up face. That sweater! I think I laid in bed, bugged-eyed, for several nights...The covers up to my nose, as if my quilt were some magical shield that would protect me. If Freddy was coming for me...at least I'd see him first. Then, I could gauge how much time I had to run across the hall to my parents room.
Thriller. 
I was too young to understand it was a music video. Couldn't sleep...Couldn't sleep.
The People Under the Stairs. 
Not only couldn't I sleep, but my parents couldn't pay me enough (in sour cherry Laffy Taffys), to go and get anything from the basement. Too many stairs. Those people weren't gonna grab my legs & keep me down there forever!!! Nope!


Because "really scary movies" don't only scare you at night, but during the day when your mind recalls specific scenes...
...I can only think of 1 movie that scared me as an adult:

The Ring.
 

Husband (I believe, boyfriend, at the time) and I saw this at the theater, when it first came out. Very fun (I remember the entire audience gasping & shrieking at certain points), but Scary! Flipping through channels on the TV was strange for awhile; I would not linger too long on the static ones. Sometimes the remote control would betray me though, and I'd get freaked out.


What scared you sleepless as a kid? 
As an adult?

Labels:

4 Comments:

At January 23, 2011 at 3:52 PM , Anonymous Carla said...

I thought The Ring was scary as well. I love watching scary movies but I've never been too scared to sleep at night. I hope I never see a movie that does that. LOL.

 
At January 23, 2011 at 10:23 PM , Blogger jtbrown said...

I'm scared of ghost and demon movies because I truly believe that those beings exist. I know Freddie and Jason and 'em can't really come get me but a demonic something can. Yet, I love to watch those types of movies....I'm special.

 
At January 24, 2011 at 4:30 AM , Blogger justme said...

i have never been scared of scary movies. i was scared of unsolved mysteries as an adult cause that man's voice was horrifying to me. i would yell at the top of my lungs, turn the channel turn the channel, whenever people watched it around me when i was little

 
At January 27, 2011 at 2:34 AM , Blogger Marie said...

Carla, JT, Justme: Thanks for chiming in here with your experiences!

 

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are appreciated:) Thanks for sharing!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home