Monday, December 6, 2010

The Retiring Perfectionist.
























Shirt & Hoodie: Martin & Osa • Blazer: Banana Republic • Denim: Paper Denim & Cloth • Ankle Boots: Gee Wawa • Various pearl bracelets & necklaces wrapped around into bracelets: Gift from my sister





















In the 4th grade, one of my classmates, William Grayman*, told me I was a perfectionist in a dream. I had no idea what a perfectionist was, but I never forgot that dream.

Fast forward to adulthood. I always have to have things "just so." If it was not "just so", I got irritated. The food I cooked, the way I dressed, the style of my hair, the way I talked, the way I walked, the way that people viewed me (something that I have no control over, LOL), anything that my hands touched...anything new that I wanted to do; it all had to be perfect. If it couldn't be perfect, I felt: dissatisfied, worried, frustrated, unhappy, bothered, stressed.

It wasn't until recently that I realized how insane this all was. How unhealthy (so much pressure that I put on myself) & unnecessary this all was. After watching this video, I received additional confirmation that almost brought me to tears.



I've been this way mostly all my life, so I know it will be a process; yet, another journey!
I am happily Retiring:)

* I changed my classmates name for privacy reasons, but I remember his full name. It's crazy how I can easily forget the names of people I've met, just minutes after meeting them; but can remember first & last names of people from decades ago.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At December 6, 2010 at 2:35 PM , Blogger NaJaDee said...

Love this! Right on time. I agree, sometimes we have to humble ourselves and stop putting so much pressure on ourselves.

 

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are appreciated:) Thanks for sharing!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home