Friday, December 24, 2010

The Introvert.












































Outfit
Coat: J.Crew • Mittens & Scarf: Portolano • Bag: Cole Haan
Legwear: Berkshire • Legwarmers: H&M • Boots: Nicole







I do excellent in one-on-one's.
Okay in very small groups.
Parties...get me outta here! Yikes!!! I don't drink, but have often considered having one or two, just to soothe my nerves at certain social settings. LOL

As an introvert, I just don't like being in a room full of people I don't really know (having to be social). It makes me uneasy & I'd rather be some other place where I don't feel the pressure to pretend.
Growing up, I always thought something wrong with me for feeling this way (I often thought...what kind of person doesn't like parties?!). I thought something was wrong with me being a quiet person & for actually enjoying time alone. I used to think that I needed to be more outgoing, that I needed to start conversations with people & dance & "look like" I was enjoying myself, even though I wasn't.
Now, I've come to realize that, there are both...equally, "People-Persons and "Non-People-Persons". That just as there are Extroverts "some of which, who Naturally Enjoy Being Around Others", there are also Introverts "some of which, who Naturally Enjoy Being Alone".
It's just a different way of being, instead of a problem that I thought needed to be fixed.

Still...though I no longer want to deny or run from my being "quiet", I do want to work on "losing the uneasiness that I feel" in social settings, and just be more comfortable talking to people. Ooh, I think I just made a connection!...a prime example of Being Who You Are, while Becoming the Person You Want to Be. In this post,  I couldn't come up with an example of this; until now.


So, How do YOU do?
Are you an Introverted-Person? Extroverted-Person? Somewhere in between?
Have any tips for me to become more comfortable?

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At December 26, 2010 at 12:14 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG i'm just like you. I'm terribly afraid of parties yet I want to meet new people and socialize better. I'm a very socially awkward type of person. BTW I love the outfit. What do you have underneath your coat, a dress or skirt? Anyway I love it so cute!

 
At December 26, 2010 at 10:05 PM , Blogger Marie said...

Anon: Thank you:) I'm wearing a skirt. If you care to see it...click the "Peek" button. It's the same outfit (shown in the "The Thesaurus-Lover" post), but with different boots & legwarmers.

 
At December 27, 2010 at 11:15 AM , Blogger NaJaDee said...

I love these posts from you! Keep them coming.

 
At December 27, 2010 at 11:13 PM , Blogger Marie said...

Thanks Najadee!

 
At November 11, 2011 at 11:10 AM , Blogger C.D. Perry said...

Yes and I feel that I'm still at that ackward stage...not really knowing who you are as a person, yet accepting the quirks...

 
At November 11, 2011 at 12:46 PM , Blogger MerelyMarie said...

Thanks for chiming in here C.D.; I suppose it just takes time, you know?

 
At January 30, 2012 at 2:46 PM , Blogger G said...

Definitely an introvert. I used to beat my self up about it, but today I realize it's just who I am. I've gotten better, but am still uncomfortable in certain social settings. Love this color red.

 

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are appreciated:) Thanks for sharing!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home