Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Hot Caramel Apple Cider & Spice.



















They got me! Starbucks and their caramel apple spice drink. So good on a cold day, but $3.50 for a small...err "tall"!...Yep, had to try and make this at home.

I bought some real apple cider, caramel topping (from the ice cream section), and whipped cream; then headed for the microwave. After heating up a cup of cider, I added in a teaspoon of dark brown sugar (cider was unsweetened), and a couple shakes of cinnamon, allspice, and nutmeg. Gave it a stir. Topped with whipped cream and caramel sauce.

Didn't taste like the Starbucks drink, but tasty nonetheless.
Will play around more with the spices next time; and probably try some cinnamon sticks & cloves.

Labels:

9 Comments:

At December 22, 2010 at 12:59 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where is mine???

 
At December 22, 2010 at 3:47 PM , Blogger LaNeshe said...

I haven't tried it, but that looks good!

 
At December 23, 2010 at 9:23 AM , Blogger Marie said...

Anon: I'm working on it...coming right up! Please pay $3.50 at the bar. LOL

LaNeshe: Thank you...for messaging & following! Do stop back anytime:)

 
At December 24, 2010 at 8:47 AM , Blogger NaJaDee said...

I am a sucker for this... Every Friday! I need to figure out how to make it the same way at home.

 
At December 24, 2010 at 10:57 AM , Blogger Marie said...

Najadee: Every Friday, huh?! LOL
I peeked the barista making my drink once, and discovered that they use apple juice; Musselman's brand. Researching online the "spice" is just a couple pumps of cinnamon syrup:)

 
At December 25, 2010 at 6:15 PM , Blogger simplychic said...

o my gosh!!! so much yummy goodness for the holidays :)

 
At December 26, 2010 at 10:07 PM , Blogger Marie said...

Thanks Chef Chic:)

 
At December 31, 2010 at 8:08 AM , Blogger NaJaDee said...

Marie: Yes (hangs head) Fridays... I took a scope at the barista this morning and they use Tree Top here... I may attempt to give it a swirl at home.

 
At December 31, 2010 at 10:33 AM , Blogger Marie said...

Najadee: That's cool:) Starbucks is a nice treat, but I was going too often, sometimes 3-4 times a week (hangs head). LOL
It's good you peeked what brand they use. You can definitely replicate it at home, if you want to...or when they take it off the menu. LOL Isn't it a "holiday" or "Fall special" drink?

 

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are appreciated:) Thanks for sharing!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home