Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Great Odin's Raven...Eos!



This past summer, something strange had happened (with my overly sensitive skin) to my lips. Out of nowhere they broke out in somewhat of a heat rash that soon turned into gross blisters. My Dr. tested me for the herpes virus that causes cold sores on the lips; it came back negative. I had never had a cold sore in my life. He then tested me for impetigo. Also negative. He then thought I was experiencing an allergic reaction to something. At this point, I wanted a new doctor. He hadn't a clue what was wrong.


It seemed whenever I used products with petroleum or sunscreen in them on my lips, the sores would come back. I stopped using lip gloss, chapstick and anything else of the petroleum substance and my lips finally healed. I had to put something on my lips though; they were very dry and it hurt to smile. 
I didn't dare use anything with pertroleum in it though!
Coconut oil got me through the summer, but as it grew cooler I needed something heavier & more moisturizing.

In comes Eos...Petroleum and sunscreen free, and pretty egg-shaped packaging to boot! Though it's not as moisturizing as I'd like, it glides on smooth making my lips feel nice & soft, tastes great, and is much, much safer.

Sigh...I do miss lipgloss though:(

Labels:

4 Comments:

At December 1, 2010 at 2:15 PM , Blogger jtbrown said...

Have you tried Oyin Handmade Honeystick? It has cocoa and shea butter, castor oil, beeswax, pure honey and vitamin E. I love it and it's heavy! They don't cost much either.

 
At December 1, 2010 at 3:03 PM , Blogger Marie said...

Jt: I haven't, but will definitely look into it. Thanks so much for recommending:)

 
At December 8, 2010 at 4:09 AM , Blogger Stephanie said...

I started using eos 5 weeks ago and love it.
Years ago, I stopped using anything with petroleum also. Sometimes I make my own lip protection with pure raw shea butter, almond or coconut oil and vitamin e oil.

 
At December 8, 2010 at 9:12 AM , Blogger Marie said...

Hello Stephanie: Thanks you so much for sharing & following:) I may try concocting my own lippie now...I like your recipe!

 

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are appreciated:) Thanks for sharing!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home