Crispy Sweet Potato Fries & the Turkey Burger.
Craving a tasty flavorful turkey burger, I found this recipe. Very flavorful indeed...and juicy! Husband, who swears that turkey could never be a "burger" even enjoyed this one.
The fries were simple, sweet, and crisp. Very nice contrast to the savory burger:)
Here is what I used to make the fries:
Sweet potatoes (peeled, cut, soaked in a bowl of cold water for about 30 minutes, drained & dried with paper towels)
1/2 cup flour
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
• Heat enough vegetable oil to deep fry
• Sift together flour, sugar, salt, and cinnamon
• Add enough water to make a loose batter
• Coat cut sweet potatoes in batter
• Put fries into oil (1 at a time, at first, to avoid fries clumping together)
• Fry until golden in color
• Drain on paper towels