Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Chicken Lazone with Roasted Purple Green Beans.

Bought these beauties from the farmers market*, mainly, because the color was so pretty! Roasted them, and...




...They turned green! LOL


Pretty tasty though. We ate them with Chicken Lazone, a new recipe that I tried for a quick weeknight meal.
Here is the Recipe: (adapted from food.com, by Luby Luby Luby)
Serves 2
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon chili powder
3/4 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 boneless skinless chicken breast
4 tablespoons butter, divided
1/2 cup heavy cream

• Mix salt, chili powder, onion powder, and garlic powder
• Pound chicken breast to tenderize, then coat in seasoning mix
• In a large saute pan, heat 2 tablespoons of butter
• Over med high heat, cook chicken breast (flipping once, about 4 minutes per side)
• Pour cream into the pan, and lower heat
• Simmer for a few mins., stirring until sauce thickens
• Add remaining 2 tablespoons of butter
• Once melted, plate chicken breast over a bed of rice or pasta, and top with sauce
Devour!


The chicken was tender, and the sauce was rich. No chili flavor from the chili powder at all! Should I make this again, I'll probably add some cayenne pepper. I love spice, and this was surprisingly mild. It was good though & super quick to make!

* This post is from the old blog. I wish there was a farmers market around in January!

Labels:

5 Comments:

At January 10, 2012 at 11:31 AM , Blogger LaChristin said...

Looks delicious!

 
At January 10, 2012 at 12:53 PM , Blogger Jhan said...

I've NEVER seen purple stringed beans before. I wonder what kind of reaction caused them to turn green... hmm. In any case, the chicken recipe sounds good. I'll have to try it one day this semester.

 
At January 10, 2012 at 4:33 PM , Blogger Erin said...

Looks amazing! I love green beans-and when I make this I will add some spice too-Love spicy!

xx

Erin @ http://www.trufflesnruffles.com/

 
At January 11, 2012 at 11:13 AM , Blogger MerelyMarie said...

Thanks LaChristin:)

Me neither Jhan! There were some very light green, green beans there too. It does make you wonder what happens when they're cooked to turn color. They tastes very similar though.

Erin, thank you:)

 
At January 11, 2012 at 2:59 PM , Blogger Just Daisy said...

String Beans are my favorite vegetable and purples my favorite color. Haha, they came out look scrumptious along side that chicken.

I must try this recipe.

Xoxo,
Daisy

 

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are appreciated:) Thanks for sharing!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home