Monday, June 27, 2011

Jerk.

Chicken wings marinated overnight, & grilled to hot, smoky, spicy goodness! We used Joes, a locally bottled sauce, but anyone can make jerk sauce.

The key ingredients are scotch bonnet peppers
(Warning!!! Hot. Hot. Hot.
Be safe & use gloves when handling. I thought jalapeno peppers were hot, then
found
this! The chart (0-10) shows scotch bonnet at 9)
, allspice, and thyme.
Here's a fairly simple looking recipe! Should you try it, please let me know
your thoughts (in case my ready-made isn't being sold anymore).

If you buy a sauce, take a peek at the ingredients. I found some sauces
containing corn syrup, molasses, soy sauce, tomato paste, or jalapeno peppers...as the first 3 ingredients listed! And, and these had no trace of scotch bonnet peppers at all in them. Boo! To me, the good sauces must have this pepper listed at least second or third.

I've been eyeing Walkerwood Jerk Sauce for awhile, but only see it online.
Anyone try this brand?

Labels:

4 Comments:

At June 27, 2011 at 5:14 PM , Blogger Jhan said...

Mmmmm... I love jerked anything (as a fellow Jamaican). I've never really thought of making the sauce myself. My family uses Walkerwood as well. It can be purchased at many Jamaican stores.

 
At June 28, 2011 at 6:51 PM , Blogger MerelyMarie said...

Thanks for chiming in here with the info Jhan:)

 
At June 28, 2011 at 11:54 PM , Blogger Just Daisy said...

omg, yummmmmy! I love me some jerk chicken girl especially being West Indian :)

xoxo,
daisy

 
At July 5, 2011 at 1:42 PM , Blogger MerelyMarie said...

Hey Just Daisy:) LOL

 

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are appreciated:) Thanks for sharing!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home