Saturday, February 12, 2011

Weekend Bliss & Chocolate Banana Muffins, with Raspberries.

My most favorite part of any weekend is morning coffee with Husband. We lounge around & sip from our mugs, utterly content with having no real obligations for the day. We watch movies or some cooking program on the Create Network. Sometimes he makes breakfast...sometimes he plays a video game. Sometimes I sit at the computer wondering what to post next...sometimes I make muffins...

Either way, there's always coffee:)




Last Valentine's Day, I made Double Chocolate Banana Muffins for the Mr., but replaced the chocolate chips with about a cup of fresh raspberries I had frozen in my freezer.

Here is the Recipe: (adapted from food.com, by Charishma_Ramchandani)
1 1/2 cups flour 
1 cup sugar 
1/4 cup baking cocoa 
1 teaspoon baking soda 
1/2 teaspoon salt 
1/4 teaspoon baking powder 
1 1/3 cups mashed ripe bananas 
1/3 cup vegetable oil 
1 egg
1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips 

• Combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, salt, and baking powder in a large bowl
• Mix bananas, oil and egg in a small bowl
• Stir banana mixture into the dry ingredients bowl, just until moistened
• Fold in chocolate chips
• Fill greased or paper lined muffin cups three fourths full
• Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes
Devour! 


These were pretty good, only...I think my freezer burned the berries:( Even after making sure to make the freezer bag as air tight as possible, I put that freezer bag inside of another freezer bag. Sigh.

I may try these again this year; and either buy fresh raspberries, or just stick to the original recipe and use chocolate chips.





What's your Weekend Bliss?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are appreciated:) Thanks for sharing!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home