Thursday, June 30, 2011

6 Ingredient Yummy Baked Beans.

Going to a potluck or family BBQ? Take these delicious baked beans! They will be a hit & you will be loved...Ha!

Seriously...I've made them a bunch of times, and my family loves them.


The flavor is sweet, tangy, with hints of bell pepper. 
I preferred these beans without the bacon. Yum!

Here is the Recipe: (adapted from food.com, by Laudee)
Double or triple this recipe if you are serving more than 6 people.

1 (29 ounce) cans pork and beans
1/2 cup chopped white onions
1/2 cup chopped green pepper
1 cup diced raw bacon
1/2 cup catsup
1/2 cup brown sugar

• Preheat oven to 325 degrees
• Combine all ingredients together in roasting pan. (for easy clean up, line the pan with aluminum foil)
• Bake, uncovered, for 1 1/2 to 2 hours*.
• Stir often.
• Cool.
Devour!

*Oven temps vary, but my beans are usually done after 1 hour. I think the extra time is given to cook the bacon, but since I mostly make this without bacon, one hour is good.

This recipe can be made in a crockpot, as well.
I've never cooked it this way, but here's how:
Mix all ingredients together in crockpot, set temperature dial to low setting, cook 4-6 hours.
Stir occasionally.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At July 2, 2011 at 1:29 PM , Blogger Carla said...

Looks amazing! I will definitely have to try this receipe.

 
At July 5, 2011 at 1:27 PM , Blogger MerelyMarie said...

Thanks Carla:) Hope you enjoy!

 

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are appreciated:) Thanks for sharing!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home