Easy Homemade Pizza: The Dough.
This dough makes a very tasty pizza crust! It's easy to put together and makes enough for 4 (10 inch) pizzas.
Please note that this recipe is slow rising and should be refrigerated for hours before making pizza. I recommend making this a day in advance.
5 cups all purpose flour (Or bread flour)
2 teaspoons salt
3. Mix/Stir again for 3-5 minutes
4. Should look about this consistency. A little wet/sticky, but not so much that it does not clear the sides of the bowl & cling together. If dough is too sticky, add a bit more flour. If dough is too dry, add a bit more water.
5. Take the dough out the bowl & Place onto a lightly floured cutting board
6. Cut into 4 equal pieces
7. Roll each piece into a ball (Sprinkle a little flour on your hands if too sticky)
8. Place each dough ball inside a well-oiled food storage bag (I use 2 bags and extra virgin olive oil and put 2 dough balls in each bag)
Next, put the bags into the refrigerator overnight (Or freeze what whatever you won't use. I normally use 2 and put the other 2 in the freezer...or, keep the other 2 in the refrigerator to make pizza later on in the week.)
The next day take the dough out of the refrigerator at least 1 hour before rolling them out to take the chill off.
Don't worry, this CAN also be done by hand. Though I'd recommend having a strong-armed person close by to do the mixing. I tried this before, and the dough can be kind of tough to stir.
If you have any questions or problems, please don't hesitate to message below or email me, and I will try my best to help.
It's the best!