Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Fresh Peach Cobbler.


Easy! 



Here is the Recipe: (from food.com, by MizzNezz)
2 large fresh peaches, peeled and sliced
1 1/2 cups sugar, divided
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 dash nutmeg
3/4 cup milk

• Mix peach slices with 3/4 cup sugar, set aside.
• Pour butter in 8 inch square baking dish.
• Mix flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and remaining sugar.
• Stir in milk, until just combined.
• Pour over butter.
• Top with peaches.
• Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes.
• Cool
Devour!

I made a few adjustments, using 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon and brown sugar in the peach mixture, and granulated sugar in the flour mixture. I did not have milk, so I substituted Half & Half and water. I also used 4 peaches instead of 2.

This cobbler was good, but almost a bit too sweet for me. Next time, I'll likely use 1/4 cup less sugar. The crust was soft, "bready", and crispy around the edges. The filling had a nice consistency. Not too syrupy and not too thick. Just rich and fruity. Glad I added the extra peaches!

Labels:

8 Comments:

At January 24, 2012 at 9:49 AM , Blogger Jacquai said...

I love Peach Cobbler. Grandma's was too intimidating for me. Perhaps I will give this one a go. Lol!

 
At January 24, 2012 at 11:31 AM , Blogger jtbrown said...

I'm jealous of how you say "Easy" when I have destroyed this dish at least 4 times while trying to make it. Surprisingly, I can make it with no problems when my mom is around but when I'm alone it's a sad sight.

 
At January 24, 2012 at 11:37 PM , Blogger Just Daisy said...

Mmmmmm looks great!

Xoxo,
Daisy

 
At January 25, 2012 at 9:28 AM , Blogger MerelyMarie said...

Jacquai: LOL Grannies is good, eh?!

JT: "destroyed" LOL...can't be that bad...or can it?! I wonder what goes awry when mom's isn't there.

Thanks Daisy!

 
At January 25, 2012 at 11:07 PM , Blogger Ashlei M. said...

Mmmm, that sounds so good right now...I may need to try this :)

xx
Ashlei

kinksarethenewpink.blogspot.com

 
At January 26, 2012 at 11:26 AM , Blogger Jacquai said...

Marie, Girrl! Granny's is delicious! Lol!

 
At January 26, 2012 at 11:52 AM , Blogger MerelyMarie said...

Go for it Ashlei:)

LOL Jacquai!

 
At February 1, 2012 at 2:34 PM , Blogger socialitedreams said...

*drools* my god! this sounds FABULOUS

 

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are appreciated:) Thanks for sharing!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home