Real Deal Cinnamon Rolls.
There is nothing better than having one of these on a rainy Saturday afternoon...at least for me. Fresh out the oven with a hot cup of coffee. I actually baked these for a small family get together.
1 (1/4 ounce) package dry yeast
1 cup warm milk
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup butter
1 teaspoon salt
4 cups flour
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 1/2 tablespoons cinnamon
1/3 cup butter, softened
8 tablespoons butter
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup cream cheese
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/8 teaspoon salt
• In a large bowl, dissolve the yeast in the warm milk, for the dough.
• Add sugar, butter, salt, eggs, and flour, mix well.
• Knead the dough into a large ball (dusting your hands with a little flour, if too sticky)
• Put in a bowl, cover and let rise in a warm place (for about 1 hour, or until the dough has doubled in size)
• Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
• Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface (until it is approx 21 inches long by 16 inches wide)
• It should be approx 1/4 thick.
• Mix the brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl, for the filling.
• Spread the softened butter over the surface of the dough, then sprinkle the brown sugar and cinnamon evenly over the surface.
• Working carefully, from the long edge, roll the dough down to the bottom edge.
• Cut the dough into 1 3/4 inch slices, and place in a lightly greased baking pan.
• Bake for 10 minutes or until light golden brown.
• Beat well with an electric mixer until fluffy.
• When the rolls are done, spread generously with icing.
Try them and let me know how they turn out!