Bananas & Blueberries...in a Muffin!
Bananas and blueberries...truly a wonderful combination!
This is so easy and quick to put together; and the results are moist, flavorful, fruity muffins!
Here is the Recipe: (adapted from food.com, by DebM)
3 large ripe bananas
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg, slightly beaten
1/3 cup melted butter
1 cup blueberries
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups flour
• Mash bananas in a large mixing bowl
• Add sugar and egg
• Add butter and blueberries
• Combine dry ingredients and gently stir into banana mixture
• Spoon into 12 paper muffin cups
• Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes
I make these a lot. Sometimes when I only have 2 bananas; I improvise by crushing a 1/2 cup of fresh blueberries & adding them in. This adds more blueberry flavor and a nice color to the muffins.
Let me know what you think, if you try them:)